Caring for your dentures doesn’t have to be a difficult task. They don’t require round-the-clock attention or a constant watchdog to support them. However, neglecting their care can have its consequences. As long as you follow these simple rules for denture care, your smile will thrive:
– Never let your dentures dry out. Always soak them in plain water, or a proper cleaning solution when not in use.
– Be extremely delicate when handling dentures, as they can be easily damaged.
– Always brush the inner parts of your mouth before inserting dentures. Also rinse the dentures in water before inserting, in order to remove any harmful chemicals that may be present from your cleaning solution.
– Be sure to schedule regular checkups with your dentist, and consult them if your dentures become damaged.
– Remove your dentures every night to allow your gums a chance to rest.
– Always avoid using the following products on dentures: teeth whiteners, bleach, hot water, and abrasive cleaning materials.
– Be sure to brush and rinse your dentures daily, but not with toothpaste. Clean them with products including hand soap, denture cleaning solution, mild dishwashing liquids, or products with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
Never forget to maintain proper oral health care at all times, even with dentures. If you would like to schedule a checkup with Dr. Nicole Richardson at Highland Village Smile Studio, you can call us at (972) 317.1406 to speak with a member of our staff. You can also visit our office in Highland Village, Texas. Your smile is our business!